Friday, February 19, 2010

First one!

It seems that all my friends have blogs these days and I guess I felt a little left out. Since, I work in the luxurious world of theatre, I thought it best to write about theatre.

I truly do enjoy going to the theatre. It is always a fun event, from what to wear, who to go with, where to eat, finding parking, and then the actually show. In any given week, I see tours, regional, college/high school, community, children's, and other types of theater. The thing that has bothered me for awhile is that no one reviews short-running 'community shows." Now, I understand that a one-weekend run may not be worth reviewing if your paper is weekly or if you happen to catch the last performance. But, I do think it is important for people to know what their community produces.

So, I am going to write about the shows I see in hopes that the Chicago-land area gets a better idea of the quality and quantity of theatrical houses in and around their communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment